Monday, February 7, 2011

Update

Hello all,
I don't have much to update you guys on because yesterday was a free day and today is a Mexican holiday so we have yet another free day! Saturday our class went to the Na Bolom museum in San Cristobal which is dedicated to the Lancandon jungle and the indigenous people living there. It is a very interesting place and I wish I had paid more attention to the tour, yet my attention span was short at the time. It was beneficial though to learn more about the jungle and its people because we will be spending a week there at the end of our time in Mexico.
Yesterday, as mentioned, was a free day, however, our group took a trip to a park just outside the city which has really scenic caves. The park we went to is a place where the locals spend Sundays with their families, and we basically just relaxead for half of the day there. After we got back, the fun started and we found a place to watch the Superbowl (in Spanish). I feel that I should mention how terrible the Black Eyed Peas were at half time. Anyways I don't feel like writing more so I will talk to you later.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment