Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lacandon Jungle

Hello all,
I am going to be very brief here because I have caught a bad cold and don't feel like writing much. Yesterday, we finished up with Natate and debreifed with them to give our feedback on their projects. It was nice working with them but I am happy that we are now done and on our way to other things.
Today we had a morning meeting with the group then had the huge honour of being invited to a Chamula village where the Arthur Frederick Community Builders had several projects on the go for lunch. The lunch consisted of a really good chicken soup.Afterwards, we talked more with the community members about their lives.
Tomorrow we are going to the Lancandon jungle for a while then onto Palenque. For the jungle I will have no internet access whatsoever and I am not sure about Palenque. As a result, I will be out of contact for an undetermined period. It will be sad leaving our Mexican families tomorrow because it seems like most people have bonded really well with them. A few minutes some of our group made going to Guatemala official by booking our bus tickets for reading week. Anyways, I will update everyone when I can.
Scott
P.S. I know today is the 16th but since I will be out of touch for a while I want to wish Carrie a Happy Birthday tomorrow and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment