Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lake Atitlan

Hello all,
We have reached our final destination in Guatemala, Panajachel, and we will be leaving for Mexico on Wednesday (March 2). We will be taking the bus to San Cristobal and from there catching a colectivo to Tuxla where we will spend the night before our flights.
We spent two nights in San Pedro La Laguna which is across Lake Atitlan from Panajachel. San Pedro is a quiet town with a decent amount of tourists, yet less than where we currently are. We didn't do much in San Pedro other than walk around and sit at cafes and enjoy the quaint town.
We arrived in Panajachel yesterday morning (Feb 28) and spent almost our entire day walking around the town. Today we went to a nature reserve where Lacey and Sarah went ziplining while I hiked the nature trails. After we spent about an hour at a beach in the park and swam in the lake. So far our time on Lake Atitlan has been quite relaxing and it has been nice getting out of the polluted city, Quetzaltenango, and breathing in the nice clean air here.
At this point in the trip there is not a whole lot else for us to see or do and I am kind of ready to head back home. I will try to update my blog one more time when I am back in Mexico but this could potentially be my last update. I am off for now to eat dinner and I will see all of you in a few days!
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment